• show-popup

Location Dallas, Texas
Category Finances
Views 630
Monetary Loss

Used BML to order a few things off the net with one order on the 6 month promotional plan.Sent in payments and BML applied all my payments to the 6 month promotional which WAS 250 dollars, and slapped me with a 400 bill the next month.

Something told me to ask them when was my next bill and they said that I had like 20 bucks left on my 6 promotional no payment and 400 on the standard bill for the next month.

Geez, why would they think I'd want to pay that one off first?Rip off! 2d76de4

Comments (16) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 22, 2013  from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I will keep working on getting PayPal Bill me later shut down so the poor people can have money again it's bad enough with the president now you gotta worrie bout this too it's a joke :x
Reply to fubillata

Nov 22, 2013  from Jersey City, New Jersey
I hate them PayPal Bill me later is the biggest SCAMMERS I think they should be put out of business

Nov 06, 2013
Bill Me Later has went back and reordered my purchases so that the purchase that I paid in full the very next month is not being counted as the 'six month free interest' purchase that they are now saying is being charged interest that is DOUBLE the minimum payment. In other words the smaller amount that was charged two months ago is not being counted as being paid on, but the larger amount from six months ago that I paid in full is on my bill as 'promotional period with 0 interest has run out."
Can you say 'scamming crooks'? Why can't the government put them out of business for crooked business dealings?

Sep 25, 2012
On Aug 2, 2012 Bill Me Later debited my bank account for $1100. worth of Ralph Lauren products ordered by someone with a similar email address. I never ordered or received these products and sent a dispute form which was never answered. I have sent numerous emails to no avail. Now I cannot even access my account as they blocked it!
Reply to Donna McCallum

Sep 20, 2012
I have absolutely NO problem with Bill Me Later! I review my bill, pay the total due for my current purchases in full every time amd pay my promotional balances when they are due. Education is the key in being successful with BML....
Reply to Lance Brown

Nov 15, 2013  from Bloomington, Indiana
Absolutely! I do the same, and have not had any problems at all. It's all about being an informed consumer.

Sep 11, 2012
I can't believe these guys screwed me out of $70. I've never been late on any of my accounts. I love the business model I wish I was an investor. Bill me later should be called "Bill you after you are 2 months in arrears". Where did my bill go? junk email... right good one! I have a novel idea if the bill is late send out a paper bill... huh??? you know how that works right? make a call or something. no let's wait until the customer racks up late fees and interest rate at 20% then send out a bill. Thanks but no thanks. Unreal.
Reply to bill me 2 month late is more l

Mar 13, 2012
I too got scamed with late fees by BML. They coded my checking account as savngs and the payment didn't go through. All this time I thought my account was in 0 balance until I get a paper bill with additional $64.95 in late fees and interest charges for a $31.00 purchase. Customer service is terrible also. They keep repeating that they'll send cancellation mail when I asked how to cancel the account on-line. I finally found a Q&A that you can't cancell on-line. You have to call or mail.
Reply to Linda2lista

Nov 09, 2011
I used BML to buy hardcore *** *** and a month later I was charged 20 dollar late fee
Reply to Jasmine

Sep 30, 2011
I've had an account with BML that I got thru Amazon.com (they don't use it anymore) a few years ago, and I LOVE it. Never had a problem, use it mainly for QVC. I've always paid on time, and it's positively no hassle, they've automatically given me increases in my credit line. I guess the clue is PAYING ON TIME. DUH. It could be that PayPal is the culprit; I've never used them, sounds sort of like a bait-and-switch on their part.
Reply to Limabeenie

Sep 27, 2011
Worst service ever. This is a huge ripoff to generate late fees and service charges. Closed my account and the charges continue. I called and was told they would have to return my call. They never called. On a $169 balance the late fees on my first invoice were $65.00. Avoid at all costs!
Reply to Joe

Aug 04, 2011
Pay pal gave me only 3 options to pay until I called and bitched .Now I can pay directly from my checking account again like normal..They were trying to force me to use an expired CC, Echeck which takes 3-5 days to go through or Bill me later..Bill me later is a scam because of late fees and shady billing practises beware of bill me later.
Reply to Travis

May 31, 2011
They sent me emails every month, about 10.00 credit on first statement and 6 moths no inyerest, well now they are saying that there was a 250.00 minimum purchase for the promo. They are pieces of ***, liars, I still have the emails, no mention of any minimums.
Reply to Sa

Apr 07, 2011
BML's customer service couldn't be worse.

They have NEVER responded to any of the emails I'v e sent to them using their system. Some going back MONTHS. On the phone you go through automated phone ***, just to speak to some kid who doesn't have a clue, and can only look up your balance for you.

They screwed up my ACH payment, recoding it for a SAVINGS account, instead of the CHECKING account it was coded for, costing me a $25 fee from my bank.

These people are completely incompetent, and obviously couldn't care less about their customers.
Reply to BML is Useless!

Mar 12, 2011
It says at the top to contact Bill me later with complaints.. LOts of luck with that!!!!It's a circular effort in frustration with no results
Reply to colleen

Feb 09, 2011
Had something similar happen. I called BML up, and they allocated my payments towards my standard instead of the promotion. They do apply some funds to standard balance and then some towards any promotions.
Reply to anonymous

Read next Bill Me Later complaint

BILL ME LATER WANTS ME TO PAY FOR AIR

Avoid using bill me later by all means.purchased a car cover for my 59 mercury using bill me later....

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Bill Me Later.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug